The Practice has a policy of “zero tolerance” of verbal and physical violence towards GPs, staff or other patients.
We work hard to make your surgery a safe and pleasant environment. Therefore we strongly support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone attending the surgery who abuses the GPs, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatsoever, will risk removal from the practice list. In extreme cases we may summon the police to remove offenders from the practice premises.
Examples of Unacceptable Behaviour
- Threatening or abusive language involving swearing or offensive remarks
- Derogatory racial or sexual remarks
- Malicious allegations relating to members of staff, other patients or visitors
- Offensive sexual gestures or behaviours
- Abusing alcohol or drugs on practice premises
- Drug dealing on practice premises
- Wilful damage to practice property
- Threats or threatening behaviour